Mr Lim Chuan Poh
Professor Bertil Andersson
Dr Hamid Mughal,
Chairman, ARTC Programme Board
Ladies and gentlemen,
1. Good morning and welcome to the groundbreaking ceremony of CleanTech Two, JTC’s second building at the CleanTech Park. Thank you for joining us at today’s event which marks another milestone in the development of Singapore’s first eco-business park. This occasion is made even more significant as we are also holding a signing ceremony to seal JTC’s partnership with our anchor tenant, the Advanced Remanufacturing & Technology Centre, or ARTC in short. This brings us another step closer to realizing our vision of advancing Singapore’s position as an innovative cleantech and sustainability hub in the global marketplace.
CleanTech Park: A Value-Creating Eco-Business Park
2. In February 2010, JTC together with EDB unveiled the masterplan for the 50ha CleanTech Park as the choice location for cleantech companies as well as for companies that have embraced environmental sustainability to differentiate their business. Eight months later in October of 2010, we launched the first building, CleanTech One to seed the growth of R&D in CleanTech Park and be the gateway into the eco-business park. We received strong interest and support for CleanTech One which has successfully seeded an ecosystem focused on energy, water and environmental research and development, and companies who promote ‘green initiatives’ and technologies. As an industrial infrastructure innovator, JTC develops infrastructure solutions that will differentiate Singapore as an investment location as well as optimize the use of our valuable and limited resources. The Cleantech Park is an excellent example of a development that marries uniqueness with sustainability.
CleanTech Two – Wellspring for the growth of remanufacturing technologies
3. We are pleased to share that our second building, CleanTech Two, will add another dimension to R&D in clean technology and to CleanTech Park. CleanTech Two will be the epicenter and the wellspring for the growth of remanufacturing technologies which promote environmental sustainability for the manufacturing sector. Our anchor tenant, ARTC represents a nexus of industry players, both MNCs and SMEs, and public sector research labs, A*STAR and NTU, collaborating to germinate new ideas to develop remanufacturing technologies and promote economic vibrancy and long term environmental sustainability in the manufacturing industry. This unique network of public sector expertise and private sector know-how, will enhance manufacturing capabilities and ‘green’ manufacturing technologies to transform the manufacturing landscape of Singapore and beyond. ARTC’s initiative underscores the compelling value of CleanTech Park in clustering knowledge activities to support sustainable development.
4. We are delighted to welcome ARTC into the CleanTech Park community and hope that our partnership will catalyse the birth of new remanufacturing technologies and boost manufacturing productivity and sustainability. We are happy to note that many of the industry partners of ARTC are already our long-standing business partners: Boeing, Rolls Royce, Siemens, ABB, MMI Holdings, Abrasive Engineering, just to name a few. We are glad to be able to collaborate with all of you again on this very meaningful project. We also look forward to welcoming more companies, including our SMEs to take the opportunity to participate in ARTC’s program.
5. In closing, I would like to thank our valued partners, ARTC, A*STAR and NTU as well as our industry partners for their support in making CleanTech Two possible. We would not be standing here today if not for the strong support and hardwork of many people from across different organisations. We look forward to working together with all of you to make CleanTech Two a success and CleanTech Park a world class location and “living laboratory” for green technologies. Thank you.
----- END -----