Things to note before applying for change of use
- The new usage must be compatible with the surrounding industries. Read this guide for more information on existing land use zoning compliance
- The change of use must not violate Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) 60:40 space usage regulation, i.e. at least 60% of your premises must still be used for industrial purposes. Learn more about URA’s space usage regulation here
- Your application will be subject to evaluation. You are advised not to commit to any tenancy or renovation works before receiving the outcome of your application from us
Applying for change of use
Log in to the customer service portal to submit your change of use application.
You will need to provide the following documents when submitting your application:
- Advisory for Industrial Allocation from the National Environment Agency (NEA) Development Control and Licensing Department (DCLD)
- Land Use Proposal Form from Land Transport Authority (LTA), if the new usage includes warehousing
- Approval for storage of petroleum and flammable material from Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), if the new usage involves such materials and exceeds allowed quantities
We will inform you of the outcome of your application through the customer service portal, SMS and email within 10 working days of your submission.
If your application is approved, you may need to conduct an Environmental Baseline Study within 4 months. We will inform you if this is required.