Ladies and Gentlemen
1. A very warm welcome to our friends and partners. I am heartened that we are once again able to gather at ITAP. Thank you for joining us today.
2. As many of you know, Singapore announced its Manufacturing 2030 vision to grow the sector by 50% by 2030. Jurong Innovation District (JID) plays an important role in supporting this vision, and I am happy to update that it is gaining good momentum. The ecosystem continues to grow and now includes leading players across the value chain like:
• Research institutes and capability developers
• Advanced manufacturers
• Industry 4.0 solution providers
• Training providers and Institutes of Higher Learning
3. Come 2024, you will see new industrial developments and amenities coming up in the Bulim precinct within JID. Bulim Square, our flagship multi-tenanted development comprising four new buildings, will be completed. The first phase of our 10-ha Bulim Park is targeted to complete in the same year. This new park will include a network of green spines, F&B and fitness facilities, adding vibrancy to JID.
Reimagining Singapore’s industrial landscape and JTC’s role as an ecosystem builder
4. We have seen how digital technology has spurred many manufacturers to start their Industry 4.0 journey. To remain competitive however, companies will now also need to factor in considerations for sustainability. The future of manufacturing will be exciting, one that is clean, smart, and sustainable.
5. As a masterplanner and developer, JTC works with our business community to drive technology adoption and sustainable manufacturing practices, deepening partnerships with industry players to help more manufacturers gain access to sustainable manufacturing solutions.
6. Today, the Green Compass MOU will see four new partners join the network, further strengthening the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), JTC, and TÜV SÜD’s outreach effort in promoting Green Compass to more companies.
7. Next, the Community of Practice (CoP) under the Industry 4.0 Human Capital Initiative (IHCI) will be expanded to include six new partners. This will allow companies to tap on more sustainable manufacturing solutions. This afternoon, we have brought together McKinsey and the IHCI Alumni to share insights on their transformation journey in sustainable manufacturing, so that more can benefit from their experiences.
8. These efforts are part of JTC’s Industry Connect Initiative to accelerate business growth in our estates in the areas of environmental sustainability, technology adoption and talent development. Our one-stop centre, Industry Connect Office @ Jurong Innovation District will continue to host more outreach sessions to support companies as they go through their smart and sustainable transformation journeys.
9. In conclusion, I would like to thank everyone for your partnership. I look forward to more collaborations with our businesses to strengthen Singapore’s manufacturing sector. Thank you and have a fruitful day ahead.