Fitting-out and renovation works
Overview of fitting-out/renovation works:

All fitting-out/renovation works, regardless of whether temporary or permanent, need to be approved by JTC and the relevant authorities before works can commence.

The process is as follows:

Step 1: Applying for plan consent

You must engage a consultant and submit an application for our consent (landowner’s consent) to carry out your fitting-out/renovation plans. The consultant can be a professional engineer, registered architect or Qualified Person (QP).

Find out how to submit the plan consent application here

Step 2: Seeking approvals from relevant authorities

After obtaining our consent, your consultant must submit both our consent and your fitting-out/renovation plans to relevant authorities for their approval. Relevant authorities include the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), Fire Safety and Shelter Department (FSSD) and the National Environment Agency (NEA).

Your consultant should advise you on the necessary approvals required.

Step 3: Contacting our facility management team to request for works to commence

Upon obtaining approvals from JTC and the relevant authorities, please check with our facility management team if you are required to engage the building’s appointed contractor for your fitting-out/renovation works.

Your contractor must raise a request for works to commence with our facility management team before fitting-out/renovation works can proceed.

Your contractor can do so by submitting the following to our facility management team through email:

An email giving consent will be sent to you upon full submission of all forms and documents.

Step 4: Carrying out works

After our facility management team has given you consent to start works, we will brief you on the regulations and guidelines before works begin.

Things to note:

  • Noisy or disruptive works can only be carried out after working hours
  • No works should be carried out on weekends or public holidays without our prior approval
  • Ensure your contractors work only within your unit(s) and comply with the renovation guidelines
  • Protect common areas from your fitting-out/renovation works, especially when moving bulky items. We will conduct joint inspections of common areas with your contractor before and upon completion of the works. Any repairs or cleaning required in the common areas due to the works will be borne by you or your contractor.

For detailed guidelines on fitting-out/renovation works, refer to our guidebook.

Step 5: Completion of works

Upon completion of fitting-out/renovation works, your consultant must apply for a Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) and/or a Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) with the relevant authorities before you can move in.

Upon receiving your TOP or CSC, you are required to submit one complete set of each document to us within one month.

To encourage the use of digital services, the application processing fee is temporarily waived for documents submitted through the CORENET.